The Swedish experience provider Strömma operates a large number of boat tours around Stockholm, Lake Mälaren and the archipelago. Due to the peculiarities of the weather in Stockholm, excursions and boat trips start on different dates and some are only available in high season. Others such as gastronomic cruises or cruises with Christmas buffet on board are only available on specific dates.
In this article you will find information about the starting dates for cruises in Stockholm this year.
Starting Dates for Boat Trips in Stockholm
- January 1: 3-hour boat trip to Vaxholm
- January 1: 3-hour guided archipelago tour (Lilla Skärgårdsturen)
- January 9: Stockholm Winter boat tour (until March 31) and from December 24
- March 31: boat trip around the island of Djurgården – The Royal Canal Tour.
- March 31: The well-selling Stockholm Under the Bridges boat tour.
- April 28: Cinderella boats to Sandhamn and Möja and other destinations in case you want to discover the archipelago on your own
- April 29: boat tours to Fjäderholmarna Islands
- April 29: boat trips to Drottningholm Palace aboard the M/S Prins Carl Philip
- May 6: day trip to the Viking town of Birka
- May 6: Grand Canal Tour with destination Artipelag museum aboard the M/S Gustafsberg VII boat
- June 3: Hop-On Hop-Off boats which offer a tour at your whim getting on and off the boats as you want.
- June 3: day trip to Mariefred crossing the waters of the beautiful Lake Mälaren
- June 3: boats to Gustavsberg and the Grand Canal Tour aboard the M/S Gustafsberg VII
- June 17: boats to Sandhamn on the canal route abord the M/S Strömma boat
- June 18: 55-minute long “Stockholm in our hearts” cruise with guide (only available in Swedish)
- June 29: Thousand Islands cruise aboard the M/S Waxholm III boat
- June 29: boat trip to Sigtuna or Skokloster Castle aboard the M/S Evert Taube
- No departures this year: The Hjälmare Kanal cruise takes you to historical landscapes from the time of King Gustaf Vasa.
Starting Dates for Tasting Cruises in Stockholm
- January 1: Archipelago lunch cruise aboard the M/S Östanå
- April 1: cruise with brunch included on board the S/S Stockholm
- April 1: boat trip to Vaxholm with dinner on board
- April 1: Archipelago dinner cruise aboard the S/S Stockholm
- April 26: Stockholm Archipelago Prawn & Seafood evening cruise aboard the M/S Strömma Kanal
- April 29: Lunch cruise Lake Mälaren aboard the M/S Prins Carl Philip or S/S Drottningholm
- June 3: Cruise to Drottningholm Palace with dinner on board
- June 19: lunch cruise to Vaxholm.
- Not available right now: Boat trip to Drottningholm Palace with lunch on board
- Not available this year: outer archipelago lunch or dinner cruise aboard the Cinderella Ships
- Not available this year: Skärgårdskväll, cruise with DJ and dinner buffet on board.