Stockholm has many options to enjoy gastronomic cruises and other boat trips and tours on Lake Mälaren and the Baltic Sea. Now in autumn it is also possible to enjoy special tasting cruises in collaboration with a famous Swedish chef.
Themed Tasting Cruises in Stockholm
The cook Malin Söderström is the host of the tasting cruises that will be held in autumn during the nights of the weekends in September and November aboard the M/S Gustafsberg VII ship.
The ship will cross the Baltic waters for 2.5 hours along the docks of the Östermalm, Gamla Stan and Södermalm islands to finally enter the locks of Lake Mälaren.
The themed cruises have the following menus: surströmming, seafood menu, fish menu, harvest menu, mushroom menu, beer menu and hunting menu.
Dates, Price and Booking
- September 17-18, 2019 – surströmming. A menu of fermented herring with almond potatoes, red onion, onion jam, creme fraiche, cheese and bread is served. Coffee, berry cake with vanilla cream. More details and booking here.
- September 24–25, 2019 – seafood menu with a soup-based entree. More details and booking here.
- October 1–2, 2019 – fish menu in collaboration with The Fishery. More details and booking here.
- October 8–9, 2019 – harvest menu based on beets, artichokes, onions, potatoes, chicken and cheese. More details and booking here.
- October 15–16, 2019 – mushroom menu with blackcurrant dessert. More details and booking here.
- October 2–23, 2019 – beer menu in collaboration with the Wärmdö Bryggeri brewery. More details and booking here.
- October 29-30, 2019 – hunting menu with autumnal flavors finished with a hjortron-based dessert – a golden blackberry known as swampberry or boreal blackberry. More details and booking here.
When booking you can choose between a 3 or a 5-course tasting menu. The price starts at 645 SEK (€ 60/ $67 / £55) for the three-course menu. If you are interested you can get more information about the different cruises and book here.